…for improving backstage communication
- Learn effective ways to enhance communication within a multicultural network.
- Make use of the various departments and job profiles a stage production may involve.
- Improve your specific creative project.
- Enjoy practical features like the stage production’s timeline, the backstage dictionary, and more than 30 lively illustrations.
- Get entertained by the numerous examples of the author’s international working experience.
Whether colorful or entertaining, intellectually challenging or simply stunning – the performing arts couldn’t be more diverse. But what does it take to produce these inspiring presentations? Which skills are needed to create a smooth run and how do these expertises interweave behind the scenes?
“Collaborating Backstage” offers you the knowledge of some true experts in the field. Numerous interviews, as well as extensive studies, turned this book into a real treasure when it comes to backstage communication.
While most other publications deal with department-specific skills, this is the only handbook focusing on how to link all valuable parts of the team. Whether you are a stagehand or a director, a performer or a designer – find out now how to optimize your creative cooperation in any of the performing arts!
Bloomsbury is a British company best known for releasing the Harry Potter series. Over the last decade, it has also become a leading publisher of drama and performance books under the Methuen Drama and The Arden Shakespeare imprints. Having offices in London, Oxford, New York, Sydney, and Delhi, it offers a wide range of peer-reviewed books for theatre-goers, students, scholars, practitioners, actors, and those wishing to pursue a career in the theatre industry.